Hey guys! Great news- I was nominated by Emily from The Rossetto Blog for a Liebster Award! (More on what that is below!) Emily has a lovely lifestyle site and I'm so glad to have gotten to know her through her very own Liebster nom! Oh, and I am dying to maker her ginger lemon smash (you know I love myself a cocktail.) Thanks so much, Emily! What a fabulous way to kick off my birthday :)
In a nutshell, the Liebster is a peer recognition award centered around discovering and getting to know up and coming bloggers. You can think of it as a chain letter, as it is a series of questions asked, answered, and passed along from blogger to blogger. What I love most about this award is that it fosters communication and camaraderie among those of us the blogosphere, which can at times, be a very scary place! Getting to know each other certainly helps make it less scary and more fun.
I hope you enjoy and learn something new about me! Be sure to check out the five talented ladies I have nominated at the end of the post! Here we go!
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog and what did it come from?
Leigh Clair is actually my middle name and my husband’s middle name. When we were bouncing ideas off of each other, we always went back to something unique and personal- something no one had any associations with. We both love our middle names and think they sound nice together so Leigh Clair it was.
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Inspiration comes from my experiences in the cosmetics industry and my personal journey in living a healthy lifestyle. When I manufactured and sold natural cosmetics, I loved learning about ingredients, their purpose, and the dangers that everyday products presented. I really enjoyed sharing that knowledge with customers when I was on the sales floor- it was infectious. Consumers were (and still are) very unaware of how chemical laden conventional beauty products are. So when I quit that job (to pursue writing and blogging) there was a void; I wasn’t able to interact with people in the traditional sense. So why not reach more people via blogging?
3. What is it that you love most about blogging?
My goal for LC has always been to create a resource for people to refer to, a place they can come to and learn a tip, trick, or technique that can make life better, easier, healthier, etc. But in a fun way- as if you were chatting with your best girlfriend. I wanted to continue and create the conversations I so regularly had with friends, family, and customers- whether we were talking about how to grow your hair out, why you should sanitize your cosmetics, my secret for clear skin, and of course, the best margarita recipe! This is what I love most- sharing and interacting with those who stop by LC.
4. What is your favorite food?
Belgian fries. And dipping sauces, lots of dipping sauces. A friend took me to Pomme Frites in the city (I don’t live far from NYC) when I was fifteen and I’ve been making pilgrimages to it for years. It sadly was involved in a gas explosion and I’m not sure when it will reopen. No other fries have come close to these. Guess I should make a trip to Belgium.
5. What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
Can't live without coffee! And alcohol wise, it’s has to be a cold glass of bubbly.
6. What is an item you cannot live without?
My Vitamix! A blender, really Kira? But yes! I make smoothies, soup, hummus, nut butters, nut milks and so much more in it. It is absolutely essential for eating wholesome, nutritious meals. I use it twice (sometimes three times) a day. Not sure how I'd live without it.
7. What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- I rarely wear colorful clothes. My entire wardrobe is black, white, grey and navy. I'd like for that to change!
- My husband and I met when we were 16 (in English class.) We are high school sweethearts and got married when we were both 23.
- I was born sassy.
- I graduated summa cum laude from University. I studied Art History and Fashion.
- I despise cold weather, snow, sleet, and ice.
- I hate reading books for pleasure. I only ever finish self-help books or cookbooks. I know, it’s odd.
- I love hip-hop music, particularly from the 90s - early 00s. I even wrote my own lyrics when I was in high school. Snoop Dogg is my fave.
- I plan everything. Surprises always freak me out.
- Speaking of, my husband and I planned every detail and executed almost everything for our wedding. We did all the florals, designed and printed the stationary, chose all the music, and had a serious excel file to keep track of everything. We would have paid 3 times as much outsourcing.
- I was an only child for 7 years and then my little brother came along! I hope to have a large family some day as I never had a close in age sibling.
- I’ve been to at least fifteen 311 concerts. I lost count! My first was in junior high and I have been going ever since.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
9. If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
Ina Garten. She’s been my hero since I can remember. I think we would have the best time cooking together! After school, I'd come home and watch her show (not cartoons.) And over the years, she has bestowed her knowledge and wisdom upon me whether it's about cooking, entertaining, relationships, style, or etiquette. Or chicken.
10. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Well, I very much dislike hiking, biking, kayaking, and skiing. Buzzkill, I know. My idea of ‘outdoor activity’ is sitting on a beach, waves crashing, getting a tan, and sipping a cocktail under an umbrella.
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
As a planner, I typically would be able to answer this question without hesitation. But for once in my life, I haven't a clue of what life will look like in 5 years, except that I will be 31 on this day precisely. What I can say, is that I am embarking on a new journey this year and that I have never been more excited for the unknown. Yay!
I have nominated the following gals for a Liebster Award:
And my questions for the nominees are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Where would you go on vacation if money we no object?
- What is your dream job/career?
- How do you like your coffee?
- Shoes, bags, jewelry, or makeup- what's your favorite?
- What are 11 random facts about yourself?
- If you could live in another decade, which one would it be?
- What are your goals for the next year- blog related, personal, professional- let's hear 'em!
- Who do you admire most?
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
P.S. Graphic made by me!
Nominees, if you accept, please answer the 11 questions I've posed and nominate 5-11 bloggers then notify them. Be sure to check this post out and scroll to the end of the post (under the orange heart) to get the most up to date rules for the Liebster Award. Congrats and have fun!